Category Archives: Completed Quilt Project

2017-29: Xmas Border Place Mats

This third set of place mats was also cut from the same border print fabric, but because it was cut from a different section of the fabric, it looks different from the first two sets.  There are three mats of this design, even though only one is shown in the photo.  These place mats sat in my UFO area for quite a while, so I am very glad to have them finished and off my conscience!

2017-27: Xmas Border Place Mats

This second set of Xmas place mats were cut from the same piece of border fabric but because they were cut from a different section of that fabric, they look quite different fro the first set.  These place mats were good practice for mitering corners.  If you do it often enough, you can get quite good at it!

They were quilted in a snowflake design with a gold shiny polyester thread which has the look of metallic thread, but is much easier to run on the longarm.  I’m happy with the result and I am sure they will come in handy sometime.

2017-26 Border Placemats

These place mats started from a nice border print, which I carefully cut into strips and then mitred around a centre rectangle.  This set also has an inner red border.  After making this set, I decided the inner border made them too large, so I eliminated that border when making the next set of place mats.   These will make a nice hostess gift to have on hand.

2017-23 Quilt-As-You-Go Potholders

It seems that every year I make up a quick pair of Quilt As You Go Potholders specifically for a entry for this class at the Wellesley Fair.  They usually take me about an hour to make and then they are a good hostess gift to have on hand.   These pot holders were made from a little set of coordinated scraps I had in one of my many little baggies of leftover scraps.
So I was happy with the result – one more fair entry and one less baggie!

2017-32 Pinwheel Runner

This lovely little Table Runner was simple and fun to make.  It always is pleasant to work with fabrics that speak to you!  The backing and biding are a dark olive green.  It was quilted with a tan thread in a sunflower design that picks up the background fabrics in the pinwheel blocks.  This is one of my first entries prepared for 2018 fall fairs.

2017-31 Radiating Star Throw

This throw sized quilt is done in colours that I love and feel quite content to have in my home environment.  It feels like a subdued Christmas quilt – one that I can use all year long.

The centre part was in my stash for a long time before I became determined to finish it.  I added the borders during a quilt retreat in October, then quilted it in November.  I hand stitched the binding beside the fireplace during a cold winter weekend at the cottage.  Now, another finished project!  Hooray!

2017-28: Poinsettia Runner

This little runner started out to be a French Bread Runner, but I decided to make it a bit longer, added an inner border and changed the outer border fabric.  I like how it looks and it adds a bit of Christmas cheer to the dining room table.

It is machine quilted with a design called Christmas Paisley with a gold Glide thread.  It looks metallic, but is much easier to run.  This runner will make a great hostess gift.