This baby quilt panel was in my cupboard for several years. I had intended to do outline quilting, but decided that an allover quilting pattern would be more likely to get done.
I quilted it with Lisa Calle’s Bubblelicious edge to edge design. I used a new thread, a shiny trilobal polyester that worked out well, once I found the right tension balance. For the binding, I used Sharon Schamber’s method of gluing the binding before sewing. The binding went on fairly well, but I think I will try this method on a few more small quilts to improve my skill before I use it on something important. Practice makes perfect, or at least a lot better!
This finished quilt will be a donation to a school fundraising auction.
I have another five of these panels which I have quilted over the past couple of days. I will continue to add binding to these quilts as time allows. Pretty soon I will have a little stack of baby quilts ready for gifts to little baby girls.