This quilt”Batik on Angle” was made of orphan blocks donated by guild member Leslie. I pulled the coordinating fabrics from the stash, figured out the layout and sent it to guild member Adriana to assemble. It came back as a top and I quilted it with Keryn Emmerson’s Bramble panto. Then guild member Annie added the label and binding.
Last November, when guild member Diane suddenly passed away, our guild received many of her UFOs. This quilt came from a stack of carefully pieced flying geese. Someone else donated a large length of the brown fabric. I designed the block and made a sample. Using my Accuquilt cutter, I cut the brown strips to complete the blocks and guild member Ruth assembled the inner section of the quilt. When it came back, I added the borders and then quilted it. Guild member Nancy added the binding. It is being donated to the organization Women in Crisis.
This top is made from a set of 4 patch blocks received when guild member Diane passed away. I dug in the stash, pulled the yellow and black and cut the pieces to make the rest of the kit. Guild member Phyllis assembled the top. I quilted it and then guild member Annie added the binding. This quilt is being donated to Victim Services.
Teamwork makes the projects go faster and generates many good memories!