This baby-sized quilt was made from some bow tie blocks that came to me in a scrap bag. Some of the bow ties were made up already by hand sewing and others were still in pieces. Using my sewing machine, I assembled the pieces to make enough blocks for this little quilt. The blocks are not all exactly the same, but they still look alright. I then added the two borders in coordinating colours.
I quilted it on the long arm using Bottom Line in the Bobbin and a light blue So Fine thread on top. I quilted it in a custom fashion – a block design in each block and separate designs in each border. I did not stabilize the quilt around each block and border before quilting. I can definitely tell by the finished result that stabilization would have produced a better looking quilt. That is a good lesson for me. I will stabilize anything that I custom quilt. Without stabilization – stitch in the ditch around each block and border – it is difficult to keep the quilt true and square.
Even though this does not meet my personal standards of acceptable quilting, I am sure that someone will love it anyway. This will be a donation quilt to a deserving charity.