These three blocks were made for a calendar quilt that was a block of the month project for our quilt guild in 2002, if I remember correctly. They never got made into a quilt top, so this summer, I pulled the three orphans out of the shoe box in the cupboard and made them into this table runner. It stayed as a flimsie until yesterday when I set aside the time to quilt and bind it.
It was fun to custom quilt it with several colors of cotton wrapped poly and Superior MonoPoly. The straight grain yellow/orange print binding was attached and top-stitched by machine. The table runner, which finished at 19″ by 40″ will be donated to a silent auction to raise money for a community organization.
I’m glad the blocks finally became part of a finished project. It would be sad to let such nice blocks go to waste! Now they can do some good!