This quilt is a compilation of the orphan blocks of about 8 people. The only thing these blocks had in common was the color blue. I pulled all of these blocks out of the many that have been donated to our guild outreach committee and put them on the design wall to play with.
At one point, this is what the design wall looked like. Even though I really liked that cute little house block, it did not belong here. Not enough blue! Once I had a general layout with the desired blocks, I started assembling and adding coping strips of a blue flowered fabric that gave me the spacers need to make it all fit.
The quilt finished at 40″ x 45″ and I really like the look of it! I think what appeals to me is the challenge of making something nice out of found fabrics and blocks. It was donated to Victim Services, since they prefer to have small quilts.