Project 2011-49: Plaid Flannel Squares

This quilt started when a friend gave me a box of die cut flannel squares.  They appeared to be die cuts pulled from a sales reps fabric sample book.  I laid out the squares on my design wall to get the longest continual run possible from each flannel pattern.  This is the result!

The quilt top was assembled with my serger because the edges of the samples were pinked.  I added borders of blue flannel, pulled from my stash.  The backing is a medium blue cotton.  The quilting is comprised of a small meander in the center and a new-to-me freehand shell motif in the borders.  I like to try out new patterns on small donation quilts as it frees me up to experiment without the pressure of having to have a specific result.

The binding used up two pieces of left-over binding from my scrap binding shoebox.  As with most of my utility quilts, it was attached to the back and top stitched to the front.  The finished dimension of the quilt is 38″ by 45″ .

Goal Status: 49 projects complete and three more to go.  I’m heading back into my sewing room to see if I can get borders added to another quilt top and then mount it, quilt it and bind it before my head hits the pillow tonight.  I am determined to meet my goal of 52 completed projects by Dec 31st!

 

Advertisements

One response to “Project 2011-49: Plaid Flannel Squares

  1. I found you via Stashbusters and am now a new follower. What fun finishes you share! This one gives me ideas of how to approach the wool plaid shirts in my to-do pile. Thanks.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s